Monday, June 20, 2016

Magnificent Middlewich! (2 Festivals in 1 day, Part 2)

June 18th, 2016

I have often played the wonderful Middlewich Folk and Boat Festival, one of my very favourite festivals of all, and often had the pleasure of being able to take in many of the other artists, bands, stalls, boats and very lively but friendly atmosphere. Not this year sadly, as my rushing from a previous festival, in Chester, and limited time prevented me from enjoying much time as a punter. Similarly, there was no time to take the boat (I live on a narrowboat, do keep up p-lease)!... this year and both use this as a base, and an excuse to really feel a part of it.

The organisation, atmosphere, lively but music-mad audience could not be bettered though.
Shortly before 'kick off'.

 Many thanks to the lively audience who were up for a bit of fun, and even on-stage hugs in some cases! The organising team were a friendly, calming and proficient bunch in spite of working night and day to make this happen. The Stage organised by and around the lovely folk at Middlewich Narrowboats, seating area and surrounding stalls and bars made a lovely sheltered zone for enjoying live music with the family. 

I was lucky enough to catch The Roamin' Jasmine, a fabulous band on tour from New Orleans to sunny Middlewich playing some dixieland standards to a very high, well,  standard - as you would expect from 'the real thing'.

A special mention too must go to ace songwriter Tim Lee (do click on his name to treat yourself to details of his music and live shows), who not only helped me out but also took some of these photos. Keep an eye on this blog for more about him, in collaboration with The Blue Yellows very soon!

Thank you - you lot! The audience around the Middlewich Narrowboats Stage.

Many thanks to Tim Lee for this photo.

With 'Red Severn'.
Photo by Tim Lee.

With 'Small Blue'.
Photo by Tim Lee.

It was great to make
Middlewich Music's
'Picks of the weekend'.@middlewichfolk 😊 pic.twitter.com/qOHwOuOkAu

2 comments:

SpookyMrsGreen said...

I saw your set at the boatyard, excellent! Maybe see you at FAB17... ;)

JT said...

Thank you Catherine, I've played it many times over the last few years, sometimes solo or with my band (or both) so I hope I can be back again next year!
If you would like to be on my mailing list about future gigs/recording etc. Just let me know and I'll put you on there. (I only send out 2 or 3ish emails a year).
Thanks again, I hope the festival was good for you!
J. :D