Sunday, July 24, 2016

Brave New Worlds

23rd July 2016


I had the potentially daunting prospect of standing in for the regular front-man in an established band. Psychedelic rockers Brave New World being the band, Chris the regular lead-singer/guitar-slinger being on his honeymoon. So I was brave enough to join The Braves (or rather it seemed so far away when I agreed to it but time soon sped by far too quickly). 
In the end, I had needn't been so nervous, the band are a lovely bunch and, in spite of a few technical issues in the first part of the set, we rocked our proverbial socks off. I know that I certainly was far from my technical best, being severely under-rehearsed for this,  but we certainly made a beautiful noise, and lots of it. It was also really well run by a friendly lot, and the bands were well looked after (which is sadly not always the case at such events).
Great fun!

Addendum, 26/07/2016; A net  £1698.72 raised for Guide Dogs for the blind, top work everyone!

Happy Campers near the front of the stage.
Backstage at Castlewood Rocks...

BNW guitarist Derek tunes up
in the back-stage area.

No comments: