Monday, July 07, 2014

MileFest 2014

July 5th; This was my first time playing MileFest and indeed my first ever visit to the lovely county of Gloucestershire. The event had an absolutely lovely atmosphere, some great artists played from all over the country and magically, even the rain held off for that day only! I was particularly impressed by The Torn Cloud who performed beautifully not long before I went on in "the Bedroom tent" (I placed my own pot-noodle, the following morning's breakfast, on the bedside cabinet to add realism!). Thanks to the lovely festival-goers who sang along to some of my tunes, you really made me feel welcome! The whole band have been asked back for next year so maybe I, with the rest of my gang, will get the chance come back then! I'm re-editing this now to add that more than £4000 was raised for charity at the festival. Well done all!
MileFest, lovely atmosphere
In "The Bedroom".
Acoustic Artists played in the "bedroom tent" (complete with bed and other furniture!)
This was Lotto from Northern Ireland, who was great.
I believe flew in from Northern Ireland especially for the festival.


The stunning Malvern Hills provided a backdrop to the festival carpark & campsite
There were also stunning waterside scenes, both along the canal (as in this shot) & the river Severn, near my hotel.
There was even a moored light-vessel on the canal (that didn't come out well in my attempt at a photo though).
Lots of herring gulls too, not to everyone's taste but I loved seeing and hearing them.

No comments: