Monday, May 27, 2013

May 17th - Lounging with Albert

May 17th saw a new venue for me, The Albert Lounge in Shrewsbury, more a wine bar than a raucous rock-club, although they did a nice line in real ales as well :) 
As with any 1st-time, new venue I wasn't sure what to expect, it turned out to be a quiet place where most punters regarded the live music aspect more "background music" to their relaxed conversations, not what I'm used to but luckily they were very polite and the surroundings were lovely, also luckily for me, there were a few friendly faces around. Nick Bayes (a very busy man in music circles not least as regular bassist for Headsticks and Phil Maddocks as well as a regular session player for many bands) was my sound man and driver for the event and my friend Verity Gray not only came along but, as a very talented photographer, provided these great shots from my performance. Have a look at some of Verity's other brilliant shots on her blipphoto site at http://www.blipfoto.com/Snowy5 Thanks Verity!

Why Rosie is called "Rosie" Photo - Verity Gray.
Photo - Verity Gray.

Photo - Verity Gray.

Photo - Verity Gray.

No comments: